"Growth" vs. Awards Policy

Marc D McKeeman marcusmac at juno.com
Thu Jan 16 15:04:57 PST 1997

>> > are you speaking of the inclusion of Oriental and New World
>> > personae in a group which has in its charter "Western Europe and
>> > lands affecting it [MAJOR paraphrase}?
>>
>> I am in disagreement with the premise of the paraphrase, holding in
>> particular that the older, "gentler", concept of "cultural contact"
>> is both more conducive to inclusion and simpler to apply.  Even
>> using the sense of "lands affecting it" I would deem must of
>> necessity include the New World and the Orient so long as we
>> continue to define our "period" as 600ce through at least 1600ce.
>> *Particularly* as concerns Spain and the New World, Italy and the
>> other areas impacted by "the Silk Road", the Byzantines and their
>> use of Oriental silk, and the spice trade in general.

I have an alternate personae, that is new World, and has had oppision on
ocasion.
 Depending on how much, or how little I dress, depends on my time period.

Any oppinons on this type of personae, I would like to hear.

I am also known by my tribel name,   Lone Wolf, given to me by an elder
of the Cedar Clan.

H.L. Marcus