1996 Ansteorra On-Line Award Project - Final Nominee List (long)

Galen of Bristol pmitchel at flash.net
Mon Jan 20 22:23:58 PST 1997

Pug Bainter wrote:

> > Who can vote:
>
> Not me. <snip!>

Suit yourself!

> > Lord Phelem "Pug" Utred Gervais (Richard Bainter) -
>
> Damnit! This is way too excessive of a list of what I've done. I
> appreciate the kind words, but they'll give me a big ego, which I don't
> need any more of than I've already got.

Too bad.  I wrote it; and I'm a nominee, too.

> > It is nearly impossible to be on-line in Ansteorra without
> > encountering Pug at some point, but his diplomacy, courtesy, and
> > communication skills, as well as his selfless efforts, make this something
> > to be anticipated, rather than feared. (5 nominations) (Bryn Gwlad)
>
> I fear it, but that's a personal issue that I won't bother going into.
> *grin*
>
> I wish everyone luck, and truly think it would be tough to pick only 3
> people out of that list to vote for. There are too many people doing
> wonderful and useful things out there. I wish it was always that way in
> life.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
> Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |  graceful about that lady. A young woman bursting with
> House Flaming Dog     |  vigor. She blinked at the sudden light. She writes
> pug at pug.net           |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"

I'm not collecting the votes of course (although I did receive one from Drachenwald;
it was deleted, as promised), but I can predict how it will come out.  I
won't do so here of course...

I believe it is, as I intended it to be, an honor to be nominated.  I hope
this project serves to encourage those who might engage in such service,
and provides some small reward to those who already do.  I appreciate all
the positive feedback I have gotten on it.

- Galen

--
Viscount Galen of Bristol, KSCA, CSM, etc.
Paul Mitchell, pmitchel at flash.net / "noblesse oblige"