[Fwd: [Fwd: Italian Names?]]

donato at stlnet.com donato at stlnet.com
Fri Jan 31 18:12:33 PST 1997

At 06:51 PM 1/31/97 -0600, you wrote:
46 -0600

>Dear Fellows,
>   I am trying to create a SCA persona from the italian race.  To date I
>have been unable to find ANY names or backgrounds.  ANY help will be
>greatly appreciated.  Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
>				Denise Williams

Machavelli's "Florentine Histories" and "The Prince," and Castligone's "Book
of the Courtier" should give you ample background on life in the city states
and among the gentry.

Also there is a book called "Italian Folktales" (sorry I can't remember the
editor) which has some interesting cultural anecdotes.

Donato
The only thing worse than a scoundrel is a man of integrity.