Lion of Ansteorra

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 1 09:05:07 PDT 1997

Galen of Bristol wrote:
>Leaving Baron Hossein to reconcile naive ideas of "courtesy" with
>his experience as a counsellor to the Crowns of Ansteorra, I wanted
>to revisit this post from Mistress Aquilanne: <snip>

Thank you, Galen, for your thoughtful answer to my rhetorical question.
After a couple of earlier responses, including a private missive attacking
me for "criticizing the Kingdom of Ansteorra," I was a bit shaken. I've
always believed that all issues and sincere questions should be open for
discussion. Thank you for reassuring me of the courtesy and thoughtfulness
that I've always assumed were out there.

Aquilanne
Dennis Grace
University of Texas at Austin
English Department
Recovering Medievalist
amazing at mail.utexas.edu

The banana is great, but the skin of the banana is greater still.
                                                        -George Orwell