Female Chivalric Style Armor

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Fri Jul 4 23:11:36 PDT 1997

Katerina asked about armoring for women, especially breast and groin
protection.

Katerina, I'd like to point you to the IronRose list, for women fighters.
There has been extensive discussion over the past months about armoring for
women, and Grainne Gelleo, the list owner, has an archive as well as a
webpage at http://www.peak.org/~grainne/Ironrose/

The list charter states:
Defining Ironrose:

This list came into existance as a response to the need and desire of female
fighters in the SCA to communicate with each other and gain greater access
to more information and help that pertains specifically to the unique
requirements of women in the fighting arts.

The primary topic of discussion is defined only by the limits of the
fighting experience for women in the SCA and covers rattan fighting, rapier,
archery, and anything else practiced as a fighting art as well as their
related subjects. Fighters, however, are also human beings and conversation
on the list regarding those matters as well are not discouraged. We are here
to help each other, both as fighters and as women.

subscribe ironrose <your email address>.

The list address after you are subscribed is 'ironrose at nerys.peak.org'.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)