Upcoming Event

tegan at swbell.net tegan at swbell.net
Tue Jul 1 08:54:49 PDT 1997

talis at lcc.net wrote:

> At 03:30 AM 6/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >At 11:52 AM 6/28/97 -0600, you wrote:
> >>----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >

> > LOCH GUARDIAN
> >
> >>   On July 11th -- 13th, among the shady and cool pines of Lake Houston
> >>State Park (North of Houston) will take place the LOCH GUARDIAN Tourney.
> >
> >>          Lord Manfred Wolf
> >>          Event Steward - LOCH GUARDIAN TOURNEY
> >>          Barony of Loch Soilleir   (Clear Lake, TX)
> >>

> >At the chance of sounding stupid.....Is this the State Park? If not where
> >is this place? Thanks for any information ...
> >
> >Chari
> >

> Yep that was stupid...I meant to ask if that means Sam Houston State
> Park...sorry....
No the event is at Lake Houston State Park and the directions are:

>From Houston , 59 north to New Caney exit, travel east two miles to
Baptist encampment road , turn south for 1.5 miles to park entrance.
Site opens 6pm Friday the eleventh of July and closes noon Sunday.

This is a beautiful park with winding footpaths through the deep woods,
little footbridges,fire rings,grills and most important of all
(especially at four in the morning) bathrooms at the
camp sites.
I will be using the site for an event I'm stewarding in October
and fell in love with it at first site. If you are a nature lover
bring you binoculars we saw more wildlife when we walked the site then
I can identify.
If you are a fighter there is peach creek to cool off in afterward
it is supposed to be for wading but with the recent rain there's no
telling how deep
it is now.

                              Tegan