12-steps

Vicki Marsh zarazina at flash.net
Tue Jul 1 22:23:08 PDT 1997

Greetings,

I apologize for not responding sooner, but I've hada busy week.

 Clare St. John wrote:
---------- Mss. Branwen Scholasticus used to make beautiful belts with
> asissi work.  She used reds and blues for the background.  Also look at
> something called damascus gold work, which is similar to asissi and
> blackwork, except it uses gold coloured threads in intricate patterns. I
> can give you some sources Monday when I come back to work.

Thank you all for your responses, although you haven't helped me kick the habit, you have helped me to justify it;)

I have been cross-stitching trim, but would love to do some regalia for Ansteorra.  I started inkle-weaving on a Star of Merit garter this last Friday and almost have it finished.  Now, if I can just learn to do pick-up work on the inkle loom, I could combine CS and weaving - Master Colin is the one who told me about the Carolingian Model book, but I don't know where to find it.

Speaking of regalia....I understand that the Centurions are in dire need of their garters - the reverse pattern of the Star of Merit.  Also, Lady Siobhan(?sp) of Steppes is in charge of the Kingdom regalia and told me at Steppes Warlord that there is a shortage of Iris ribbons and one of the Sable awards, but Idon't remember which one..

Can anyone tell me the preferred materials, colors, weights of crochet cotton, etc for the the Iris?  Also, perhaps the design - number of each warp thread of each color?  I can probably figure it out, but I'm lazy...or is it efficient?  I'll take cross-stitch or inkle-weaving patterns.

Is there a limit to how many projects one can work on at a time?  Or the number of books one can be in the middle of reading?  I hope not.

(You can tell I'm tired..I'm rambling a bit..sorry.)

That is one of the many things I love about the SCA.  There is always something new for me to learn, some new angle of study, and lots of friends who share in my thirst for knowledge of things other than what's on the TV tonight...

Lots of love and hugs to you all,

Baroness Zara Zina Theanos

"Go Byzantine."
"Keep your kids off artificial colors."