strength of fiber

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Mon Jul 14 15:48:29 PDT 1997

<whimsy>

Plachoya Sobaka wrote:
> Does any ont know the proper way to deuterium the strenght of a fiber?

This is my analysis of the question.

First, there is "to deuterium".  Deuterium is an isotope of hydrogen,
with a proton bound to a neutron.  It is notable for its use in
nuclear fusion (bombs, and research reactor attempts).  I was not
aware that adding deuterium to a fiber would help or hurt.  Perhaps it
is useful in bows: when the bow is released, the fibers contract and
squeeze the deuterium together, producing a "cold fusion" effect and
adding power to the arrow or somehow strengthening the string?

Now, I interpret "ont" as a typo for "oont".  I have not read
Kipling's _Just So Stories_, but I have heard that that is his name
for the camel.  Camels are noted for a supercilious and knowing look,
and the Arabs say that only camels know the 100th name of G*d.

So the question is whether camels know about fusion-powered twine,
right?

Oh, "strenght" is clearly just a typo for "strength".

</whimsy>

Excuse me, but I have to go to the doctor now.  My tongue is so far in
my cheek that it'll need to be surgically extracted.  Plachoya, please
accept this whimsy in the spirit in which it was offered, and forgive
me if I offend!

--
Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com