SCA Alcohol Policy

Chuck Graves Chuck_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Fri Jul 18 10:43:58 PDT 1997

Greetings, all.

Here is the text retrieved from the Atlantian list.  I am not sure that the
policy is in effect yet or not, with respect to the BoD.  Of course, it may be
by next Monday (BoD meets this weekend, I believe.)

Regards,
Tadhg

ps. who is the Ansteorra's representative to the Grand Council?

Poster: Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir <falcone at bellsouth.net>

Allah's Blessed Peace to those gathered here!!

This is a missive from your friendly neighborhood SCA Grand Council
Representative at Large.  Currently, the Grand Council, and assistive
body to the BoD, is gathering comment from the populace concerning the
proposed wording of a new alcohol policy that some of us already thought
was in effect(as practiced in our kingdom anyway).

The proposed wording goes like this:

"The SCA will not purchase or provide alcoholic beverages for events, other
than for use as a cooking ingredient, within the United States of America.
Attendees may bring their own alcohol if the site permits, and assume all
risks and responsibilities by doing so.  Branches outside of the USA may
purchase and serve alcohol in accordance with their own government
regulations."

How does this affect you, your group, etc.?