undeliverable stuff

J'lynn Yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Jul 18 20:07:35 PDT 1997

> > Say, is anyone else getting massive numbers of undeliverable mail from this
> > list? We just checked our email, and 52 out of 53 were these "undeliverable
> > mail" multiple copy posts. What gives?

> It seems that some servers went down espically swbell and other .  I
> have been getting them too.

the company that was given a monopoly to maintain the domain name
system by INTERNIC (ie: the translation tables that convert domain
adressing to IP addressing) fouled up royally this week and seeded
a great many of the primary routers with incorrect tables during
their regular update process ... this in turn caused a cascade effect
that the support folk are still trying to clean up ...

hopefully the problem with "undeliverables" will clear in short
order.  in interim if its a problem, and if your reader supports it,
set up a "if sender address = x then delete message" filter

'wolf