tents and camels' noses

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Sat Jul 19 13:18:18 PDT 1997

>At 02:50 PM 7/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Aquilanne here;
>>
>>Sir Burke wrote:
>>>Remember the old saw about the tent and the camel's nose...?
>>
>>Tangential spree potential here, but would you re-saw the tent and the camel
>>nose for us unenlightened ones?  :->
>>

>Whoa, don't ask me about camel's that was brought up by Sir Kief.  I am
>from Scotland.  :)
>

>Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
>

>mka Burke McCrory
>email:  burkemc at ionet.net

Heilsa all Good Folk and True...

Hmmmmm....let's see if I can get it right. In the ranks of the Varangians the
quote was something like, "...once the nose of the camel is under the edge of
the tent...the rest of the camel is sure to follow..." This statement can, and
does, apply to _many_ situations is our lives... 'Specially where it pertains
to governments and BoDs...

'Tis the old "slippery slope" argument. Most times the slippery slope is never
realized, however, the trend these days is for more and more "regulation" so
the analogy is apt... IMO...

Sir Kief av Kiersted

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."