My prev. post on condoms

Vicki Marsh zarazina at flash.net
Sun Jul 20 22:24:50 PDT 1997

Ohhh I just can't let this one go..

It is not mandatory for a chirurgeon to even *have* a kit.

Just standard CPR and First Aid, a paid member of the SCA, and a time of training under another warranted chirurgeon (known as an appreticeship).

No one would  *ever* be required to hand out, buy, or carry condoms if they didn't want to, for any reason, religious or otherwise.

Schhhese, people. We are volunteers, trying to help our friends enjoy being at an SCA event, away from their homes, sometimes away from medical facilities, drugstore, etc..

I'm sorry, but it really rankles me when people start ragging on a subject they know absolutely nothing about.  Before you start jumping to conclusions to how the chirurgeonate works, you might try reading the Chirurgeons Handbook for the SCA, the Corpora, Kingdom Law and anything else you can find on the subject.  You know, research it.

Hey, isn't *that* what we are supposed to be doing in the SCA?  Researching history and information about the middle ages and the renaissance?  Gee, that's what I was told back in 1978 when I first joined.

Grumble.....I must be turning into an old curmudgegeon chirurgeon....

Baroness Zara Zina Theanos

"Go Byzantine."
"Keep your kids off artificial colors."
"Life is Good in Elfsea."