Bounced email appology...

Mitchell, Paul T MTCHPTAA at SMTPGATE.lmtas.lmco.com
Mon Jul 21 07:25:00 PDT 1997

Pug -

I am sure I speak for many when I say:

Again, thank you for all your excellent work to keep this valuable
resource
available to us all, and for keeping us informed as to what's going on
in this regard.  I am sure I am only one of a large number who greatly
appreciates all your fine work.

 - Galen of Bristol

 ----------
From:  ansteorra at Ansteorra.ORG
Sent:  Monday, July 21, 1997 8:22 AM
To:  Mitchell, Paul T; ansteorra
Subject:  Bounced email appology...

Good Morning,

  One of the unfortunately side-effects of mailing lists happened over
  last week and particularly the weekend.

  Early last week, a member of the list on a cc:Mail server had his
  server start bouncing mail back to the list. Fortunately I caught this
  quickly and removed the offending user so it wouldn't continue.

  On Friday shortly after I left work, another member of the list on a
  different cc:Mail server had their server start bouncing mail back to
  the list. Unfortunately this was not caught until about 7:30 on
  Saturday morning when I removed them from the list.

  On Saturday afternoon/evening, a third member of the list on yet
  another cc:Mail server had their server start bouncing mail back to
  the list due to the user no longer being valid. Unfortunately this was
  not caught until about 7:00 on Monday morning when I removed them from
  the list.

  This was caused due to the fact that cc:Mail sends mail back to the
  Reply-To header and not the Error-To header. I have modified the
  Majordomo script to ignore all cc:Mail headers in the future. Time
  will only tell if it worked.

  I appologize for all of the inconviences this caused over the weekend.
  Fortunately only the cc:Mail servers bounced email messages or it
  would have been truly horrific for everyone. (I personally recieved
  over 1000 messages due to mailboxes being full in addition to the
  cc:Mail bounces.)

In Service,

 --
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is
something