Reply to Galen: Condoms

Mjccmc01 at aol.com Mjccmc01 at aol.com
Tue Jul 22 12:38:50 PDT 1997

Siobhan again.

Okay.  For those of you who enjoy hypothetical moral dilemmas, try this:

You are a warranted chiurgeon who has chosen to carry condoms.  As part of
your training for your office, you have been made aware that you may not
treat a minor without parental consent.  In fact, you are not even to offer
them an aspirin.  One starlit spring evening, two young (and I mean young)
lovers approach you requesting a condom.  You know they are 15 and 16 years
old, and they make it fairly clear that they are going to have sex, with or
without protection.  Do you violate policy and give them a condom?  Is there
an answer to this question that is both legally and morally correct?

Fondly,
Siobhan

"We read to be reminded we are not alone."  C.S. Lewis