ANST - A Centurion's Tale :-)

Richard L. Rohde talen at microtutors.com
Mon Jul 28 11:57:53 PDT 1997

A Centurion and a new fighter preparing for his first battle were up on
a hill overlooking the Ansteorran troops down in the valley.  As they
armed for the coming battle with a very large army of Trimarian
warriors, this conversation was overheard:

The Centurion asked his man at arms to fetch his red cape.

The young fighter couldn't believe his ears!  "Why would you put on a
red cape?" he asked. "Don't you know you'll be an easy target with that
thing on?"

The Centurion heroically replied that he didn't want his countrymen to
be distracted or discouraged if he should be injured.  With a red cape,
he explained, they wouldn't see the blood.

The young fighter pondered that courageous attitude for just a second.
 He then turned to his page and said, "Get me my brown pants."

Talen
--------
Centurion Talen Gustaf von Marienburg, Kriegsherr von Nordsteorra
Ritterlichkeit und Ehre ---- Chivalry and Honour
Personal E-mail: talen at microtutors.com
Centurion Web Site:  http://www.microtutors.com/css/css.htm