Lion of Ansteorra

Mitchell, Paul T MTCHPTAA at SMTPGATE.lmtas.lmco.com
Tue Jul 1 06:15:00 PDT 1997

OK, Burke, I'll take you up on this.  To me, a Lion of Ansteorra is a
person
who provides an example of how our game is played.  They don't
necessarily do any one thing so well or so much as to earn a peerage
(though of course a majority of the Lions are peers), but their overall
conduct makes them an exemplar of what an SCA member and an
Ansteorran should be.

I am aware that several Crowns have not shared this view.  Some have
been given to reward service, counsel, and even friendship.  But the
above is my view of what that order should be.

 - Galen of Bristol
pmitchel at flash.net
http://www.flash.net/~pmitchel/galen.htm

 ----------
From:  ansteorra at eden.com
Sent:  Sunday, June 29, 1997 9:47 PM
To:  Mitchell, Paul T; ansteorra
Subject:  Lion of Ansteorra

We have been talking off and on about the Lion of Ansteorra.  I would be
interested in hearing what everyone description / definition of a Lion
is.
Don't just name a person, we all can do that.  But see if you can
describe
what you feel is the essence of a Lion of Ansteorra.  By the way, I am
not
sure there is a wrong answer to this question.

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald
Kingdom of Ansteorra

mka. Burke McCrory