Lion of Ansteorra

Heidi J Torres hjt at tenet.edu
Thu Jul 3 18:57:51 PDT 1997

Hi all from Mari!

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Pug Bainter wrote:

>   First, out of ~28 years, or ~56 possible Lions, only 3 reigns have had
>   no Lion made. I do not think that if it happens only 5% of the time it
>   is a tradition. It may be to some, but over all, as Galen pointed out,
>   it is just precedence.

Pug, I agree with the gist of your message.  However, your mathematical
abilities just about gave me a heart attack!  28 years!  Gosh, I remember
when we were just a Region and I've only been in 20!
Palpitation city!  I thought maybe I'd taken a really
long nap, ala Rip Van Winkle.  Now, lemmee see.... Willow and
Jonathon first reign began in the summer of '79, so by my calculations
the kingdom's been around just at 18 years, so there could only be 36
possible Lions.  So it's really 3 lions out of 3