BoD Ruling

Lori Jones LJONES at ossm.edu
Tue Jul 15 18:59:20 PDT 1997

> Where are these rules for Ansteorra published??  No one has ever
> mentioned this to me.

> Clarissa

Here's where you get into a gray area.  I think a statement about our
Kingdom's alcohol policy is to be published in the new version of
Kingdom Law. However, I believe our kingdom law has always
deferred to to Corpora and corporate governing documents in things
like this.  In this instance, the only place corporate states policy
on this subject is in the Treasurer's Handbook.  This was
obviously a matter of some concern, as the BoD is now ruling on
that very subject.

The fact that these rules are so largely inaccessible is kind of a
problem, and that's why groups that violate the rule haven't been
penalized in any way (just gently informed).

In the interest of C-our-A, I'd like to point out that in this
kingdom, a treasurer is required to attend a treasurer's class (where
rules like this should be taught) to become a fully warranted
officer.  The longest anyone can hold the position unwarranted
(acting) is 30-90 days, depending on individual circumstances.
Occasionally, however, someone misses taking the class and
signs a check to pay for something that isn't allowable.

In short, it's not surprising you haven't heard of the rule.
However, any treasurer signing checks to cover items with SCA funds
*should* know these guidelines.

- Kat

Katrionna MacLochlainn
Deputy Kingdom Treasurer (for only a few more short weeks!!!) :-)
Barony of Wiesenfeuer
Lori Campbell
Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics, Library
LJONES at ossm.edu

(Opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer)