SCA Purchases

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Fri Jul 18 16:40:40 PDT 1997

dennis grace 7/18/97 5:39 PM

> I personally would rather subsidize condoms than have
>ultimately higher insurance rates

huh? Are you referring to health insurance rates? Then modern society
should provide condoms with our tax dollars. Otherwise, I am not sure
what insurance you are referring to.

I have NEVER needed to see a chirugeon. Why? Because I carry my own first
aid kit. Its the responsible, intelligent thing to do.

Why do events sometimes have chirugeons and sometimes have first aid
kits? Because its a courteous service to offer.  Do we have to offer it?
No. If there has been a minor injury, its nice to get it quickly taken
care of. I have used stuff out of my own kit when needed.

I don't think, though, that condoms fall under the FIRST AID category. I
certainly wouldn't think to ask the chirugeon for a condom. People have
sex everyday at events and at home (and probably other places too). I
don't know anywhere as an adult that I can go in modern society to get
free condoms and I don't see why an SCA group should provide that service
either.  I don't really care if they do, I just don't think they should
have to or be expected to.

Clarissa