Condoms in Chiurgeon Kits

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Fri Jul 18 18:21:36 PDT 1997

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 97 18:40:40 -0500
Aquillane said:
> I personally would rather subsidize condoms than have
>ultimately higher insurance rates

Then Clarissa replied:
>huh? Are you referring to health insurance rates? Then modern society
>should provide condoms with our tax dollars. Otherwise, I am not sure
>what insurance you are referring to.

Gunnora states:
But, Clarissa, your tax dollars DO subsidize a whole lot of condoms through
the Family Planning and Planned Parenthood centers across the country.  At
any of the Family Planning clinics my mom ran anyone could walk in off the
street, ask for, and receive 6 condoms at a time for free.  It is true that
some condom manufacturers donated some of their products, bu the largest
part was purchased with government-provided funding.

As to whether or not they should be included in an SCA chiurgeon's kit, I
think every chiurgeon should carry 'em, but should charge $1 per just like
you'd pay at the slot machines in the public restrooms I've seen.  It's not
much, and most people can scrape up eight bits: this keeps the SCA for
having to pay for the condoms, provides a useful service, and maybe saves
health problems and even lives.

While I still had access to the free condom supply at my mom's clinics, I
always used to carry a selection of condoms and foam etc. for the use of my
friends who had a sudden case of galloping gonads, feeling that I'd rather
give them supplies than hold their hand during an abortion, or even during
a painful shot of penicillin.  Nowadays I think it's even more important,
as having worked in an AIDS hospital I don't want to watch any more of my
friends go that way.  In fact, I think I may put together a condom kit
again and start bringing to events anyway, now that I consider it.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)