they shoot liberals, don't they?

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 22 18:21:45 PDT 1997

>>>Liberals!  Might as well learn to live with them, there're too many to
>>>shoot.

>>Am I the only one who finds this statement at least somewhat offensive?
>>Alan

Hey, I think Lyonel and I have been arguing with Galen about as much as
anyone else lately and probably come as close to most folk's view of liberal
as it gets and, quite frankly, when I read his closing line, I burst out
laughing. Sir Galen has always struck me as courteous and not the least bit
mean. Ya gotta be able to laugh at yourself and the absurdity of it all, or
life can get pretty tedious.

Aquilanne

liberally unrepentant humanist