ANST - Re: ADMIN: Condoms...

amazing at mail.utexas.edu amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 23 15:19:49 PDT 1997

Greetings, Cosyn,

Lyonel ici.

Gnith responds to Pug's

>>  Enough is enough folks.

with
>COOL!
>
>With two sentences, I've managed to shut down a behemoth debate that's
>grown to 100+ posts and covered everything from AIDS to liberals v.
>conservatives to teen pregnancy to chainmail condoms.
>
>See, Sir Lyonel, I wasn't being terse -- just concise.   ;)
>
>My work is done here,

Tant pis, mes amis.  I was enjoying this debate, and we managed to share a
good deal of useful information.

I disagree with Pug on this one, and I'm not trying to start a debate on
the list administrator's authority, but tell me, Pug, are you "officially"
censoring this discussion or merely stating a preference?

By the way, Pug's definitions of "obligation" and "requirement" approximate
colloquial usage, but current colloquial use doesn't address the full
breadth of those definitions.   The word "obligate" comes--if memory
serves--from the Latin root "obligo":  I bind.  Requirements are binding,
obligations are binding.  The words can be and frequently are used
synonymously.

lo vostre por vos servir

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace