ANST - Music in Courts:was Long Courts, Loud Populace

Damaris of Greenhill damaris at io.com
Thu Jul 31 09:50:39 PDT 1997

Vicki Marsh wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I, too, enjoyed the music at court.  I could not join them this time, due to having to wait for the Territorial's chance to swear fealty, but my fingers were sure itching to play alongside them.  Llywelyn and I had to make ourselves not sing along too loudly during some of the songs....
>
> I like music at court - Of course, I like live, period music anytime, but how do the rest of you feel about it?  Is it too distracting?  Does it add to the general ambiance for you?  Do you appreciate the musicians?

Zara Zina,

I've always loved having the musicians in court and at events as well.
The music is a real mood setter for me and I feel like I am there.  My
thanks and kudos to all of the musicians in Ansteorra who have
contributed to the atmosphere of the events that I have been to in the
past years.

> It is quite nice for the reigning nobles at court to take a moment to thank the musicians.  I have had this happen on occasion, but more often, the musicians are treated as a live "boom-box" - something to turn off and on.

Having played at it myself briefly, I can say that as a performer, I
live for praise.  The music at court and at other events that has been
playing in the background has been just lovely.  I should have said
something to all of you before now.  The Musicians add so much to the
ambiance and I for one am pleased that they are there.

--
         Damaris of Greenhill -- mka: Susan Wieland
                            * * *