ANST - A questionnare.

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Thu Jul 31 10:27:34 PDT 1997

Elyh at aol.com 7/30/97 10:20 PM

>> How did you first get started in the SCA and how old were you?

I went to a July 4th celebration that raises money to save a river. There
I saw these folks dressed in long dresses (I love long dresses!). A
really sweet, gorgeous man came over, said hi and kissed my hand. I
joined the next second!  I was going to school full time and working 20
hours a week and had been looking for a hobby. I made my 1st t tunic the
next day (hand sewn) and showed up in at the next meeting. Went to my
first event a weekend or 2 later and Pennsic was my second event. For
days before I sewed on a borrowed machine 4 pieces of garb. After the
total immersion at Pennsic, I was really hooked.  I was 26.

>> What make[s] you stay?
Through the society I met my husband.  I stay for the friendships.
Mostly, its gives me a break from the computers I use and train folks on
every day.   Its led me to learn things (sewing, weaving, medieval
cooking, brewing) that I never would have found in the modern world. It
inspires me to learn more about history than I would on my own.  And most
of the time its just plain fun!

>> What did you do to develop your personna and why did you choose it/them?
Someone gave me a copy of the Agony and Esctasy right when I joined and I
read it. Its fiction I know, but I did a little research and decided that
must have been an exciting time to live and Florence must have been a
very interesting place to live. I have gradually moved backed in time
slightly because I prefer hopplelands to italian renaissaance.

Clarissa