ANST - Renfair Update

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at SHSU.edu
Thu Jul 31 21:48:28 PDT 1997

David R. Hoffpauir
GIS-DBA
Texas Regional Institute
for Environmental Studies-
  Sam Houston State University
(409) 294-4995
env_drh at shsu.edu
http://www.shsu.edu/~triesgis/
http://www.shsu.edu/%7Eenv_www/
http://www.shsu.edu/~env_lab/

	Hello all,

	The schedule of groups sponsoring weekends at TRF (Texas Renaissance
Festival) is shaping up.  So far, three of the seven weekends are taken.

	The list so far:

		OCT 4-5		Stargate	no autocrat
		OCT 11-12		Bryn Gwlad	Otto Vustmann
		OCT 18-19		---
		OCT 25-26		---
		NOV 1-2		Raven's Fort	--hummm!  Hey Timo, you busy?
		NOV 8-9		---
		NOV 15-16		---

	Loch Sollier is interested, but is waiting until populous to set a date.

	Jeff Baldwin (formerly one of the Cannoneers) is the new Entertainment
Director.  He's very supportive of the SCA and sees us as an important part
of the TRF atmosphere.  According to him, our activites of the past few
years have left a good feeling with the owner (King George), the staff, the
entertainment troupe, and the Rennies.

New for the faire this year:

"Taverna di Vino" - 16th century Italian Wine Garden with wine tastings and
 gourmet foods by Royers' Café. Sponsored by Glen Ellen Wines.

"Royal Rose Garden" - Visit the trellised rose garden boasting over 600
  roses. ---This is Really impressive (***they built it on top of the old
'grave-yard'***)

"Slayer" the King's Dragon. An opportunity to do battle with a smoke
  breathing dragon.

The theme for this year is "Chivalry and Romance."

	Any person or group wishing to sponsor a weekend should contact me or Lord
Stefan von Drachenfels.  I'd appreciate a lot of "word of mouth" for those
who don't have email.  I'm in the Blackstar, look under Raven's Fort or
Southern Regional Knight Marshal.

	Thanks,
	David St. David, Raven's Fort

PS.: our show times on the mound are 9:30, 11:30, 1:30, & 3:00