Re; A Laurel's field of expertise

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 3 17:43:09 PDT 1997

Hi there. Aquilanne here.

Mst. Clare wrote:
> I suffered a knee jerk reaction
>to her comment and so reacted accordingly.

Yes indeedy--as, I will admit, did I to some degree.  While the few Laurels
I've met here are by and large fine and fun folk, I have, in the past, had
the displeasure of meeting laurels who felt it was their self-imposed duty
to maintain some kind of air of mystery, might, and mania surrounding and
shrouding the awe-inspiring ORDER OF THE LAUREL. Some of you might be
unfortunate enought to know the kind. Perchance I was projecting a wee bit
in my earlier missive.

Just gave MY knee an arnica oil rub-down, and it's feeling much calmer now.

;->

Aquilanne
Dennis Grace
University of Texas at Austin
English Department
Recovering Medievalist

"Oh God comma I abhor self-consciousness."  --JB