The Peerages...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Jun 2 06:04:50 PDT 1997

>> One that concerns me is that I am continuously reminded that Laurels
>> don't get their "laurel" in anything when I try to find assistance with
>> brewing.
> Hmmm...can't help you much with the brewing, but I'll be glad to help with
> the tasting/consuming in large quantities ;)

Well I've been trying to make sure everyone gets plenty when I'm around.
(With the variety presented, most people have found something they liked.)
I'm switching over to more period, higher quality and lower quantity
though. Individuals have been tossing around the idea of a brewers'/
vintners' event sometime in the distant future though. (At least a year
off to give people who don't keep things on hand time.)

We'll see what happens.

>> If someone who doesn't know better thinks this,
>> they may be listening to the wrong person on a topic.
> People listen to marketers about everything, so it's pretty much
> reflective of reality :)

Damn good point. That's one I never understood.

> It would be nice having something a bit more obvious than walking around
> asking everyone who knows what best.

I'm lucky enough to have friends to ask to find out about different topics;
these same people are laurels and pelicans. (Since I am not interested in
fighting due to personal limitations.)

If you are talking about new SCA members, they wouldn't know who to ask
or if they were telling them a crock or not. *wink* This only comes with
experience.

Ciao,