MSCA

Michael Heydon Marrock at msn.com
Wed Jun 4 21:43:24 PDT 1997

Didn't I meet you at Steppes Warlord?

Yes we did!

accept fealty only from peers and territorial nobility, but will often
accept the fealty of others, as well.

But anyone can swear it, regardless of whether the Crown accepts it?

No.  Simply not true.  No one swears fealty to his weapons, and I never heard
of Daniel swearing such an oath publically or privately, and I never hope to.

It was a metaphor to explain what we held in highest esteem.

Knights may be -- and usually are -- required to swear fealty.  Masters
cannot.

Again, I thought 'ANYone' could swear oath, but the Crown doesn't have to
acknowledge?

No.  That's simply a question of what you can get away with.  Most Kings
will put up with quite a lot.

You have to be recognized, but like at Gulf, Master Daniel and another MOA
wandered into Mahdi's court unannounced, they did wait to be recognized by the
Herald in charge, however.

Paranoia.  Sheer paranoia.  Quit that!

Until it happens to you that is..... Mel Brooks, paper cut to me is tragedy,
someone else's broken whatever is humor.

Stay amused