Torqued

Michael Heydon Marrock at msn.com
Thu Jun 5 08:58:49 PDT 1997

From:	owner-ansteorra at eden.com  On Behalf Of Tim McDaniel
Sent:	Thursday, June 05, 1997 12:25 AM
To:	ansteorra at eden.com
Subject:	Re: MSCA (was: Re: MOA)

I may be about to step on a chili-coated caltrop here, but I'll cheerfully
rush in where angels are all but putting up police yellow hazard tape.

I believe I know the feeling.

I know little about the Daniel MoA case, but his student just mentioned that
Daniel resigned his white belt -- BTW, did he do it in writing to "the Crown,
the Principal of the

As I understand it, he resigned his white belt in person to Duke Michael's
request, so it seems the 'legal' aspects were also dealt with.

*Anyway*.  I gather from the student's posting that Daniel resigned his white
belt, was immediately made a Master of Arms, and this quieted things down.
Doesn't that give

DID NOT imply there was 'ANYTHING' to be quieted down.  Simply relaying facts
as I know them.

major ammunition to those who think that the Master of Arms is a lesser rank?
The

In my mind and heart, I would say, "No, doesn't point to a difference in
equality, but it does, point to a difference in the orders.  One order being
kingdom oriented from the kings point of view into combat and the other being
kingdom oriented from a weapons point of view for use according to the kings
point of view into combat.  Not sure I follow either, I know both orders love
to fight and love their kingdom, they simple approach their "politics"
differently.

implication I see is that the Chivalry thought "I may be torqued that he got
even a
baldric, but at least he's not a knight any more".

I just found the chili pie didn't I?  I am not privy to why a member or
members of the belted circle did what they did, I only know the outcome.
However I am sure that who what where why, it was all done with everyone's
best honor and chivalry put forth.

Marrock (@msn.com)