chocolate history

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Jun 5 09:18:26 PDT 1997

Anastasiya said:

>Now I can say that Chocolate as a drink arrived back with the discovery
>of the New World.  An was used heavily in the Spanish armies.
>mmmm....Chocolate.....mmmm

I have not heard any mention of chocolate by the Spanish armies in period
before. Can you give more details? I would love to add more such details
to my file chocolate-msg which is in the FOOD section of my SCA Rialto
Files. It was my understanding that what little use of chocolate there
was in Spain during period was by the court and upper classes, so this
would be interesting info.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com