Stargate's Summerthing

SUZANNE_POWELL SUZANNE_POWELL at aspentec.com
Thu Jun 5 10:31:43 PDT 1997

Glad Greetings to All!

This message is a blatant advertisement and call for teachers at Stargate's
Summerthing to be held on Saturday, August 9th at the St. Thomas Aquinas
Catholic Church in Sugarland.

First, let me introduce myself.  I am Lady Suzanne de la Ferte, the autocrat
for this year's Summerthing.  I'm a newcomer to the SCA (I've been playing
since this last September's Renaissance Festival) who enjoys calligraphy and
illumination, dancing, making garb, and cooking.

With that out of the way ....

Here in Stargate (from what I understand), Summerthing is billed as *the*
event to attend if you are not able to attend Pennsic. It's a learning kind of
event with lots of classes.  This year's event will end with a selection from
Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and a dance coordinated by HL
Perronnelle and Master Avatar.

Many wonderful people have already responded as willing to teach classes at
this event, but I still have a few "slots" left to fill.

I have 3 classes that will use the site's kitchen (Brewing, Medieval Dyes, and
Meat Pies) and am looking for 2 or 3 more kitchen classes.

I have 3 classes that will use the list field (Fighting from the Ground,
Fighting Someone on the Ground, Melee Tactics, and How to Set up a Pavilion)
and am looking for 2 more list field classes.

Teachers have signed up for 5 SCA-information-type classes (Feast-o-Crat 101,
Basic Heraldry, SCA 101, Basic/Advanced Armory for Rapier Fighting, and SCA
Fighting 101/Basic Armory).  I'm looking for 1 more class of this type.

I have 12 A&S type classes (Making Pots, Beginning Lucet Cord, Beginning Bard,
Beginning Music, Beginning Recorder, Printing, Japanese Bobbin Braiding,
Medieval Pigments, French Garb, Documenting Costuming, The Perception of Time
Throughout History, and Courtly Behavior).  I'm looking for 2 more A&S classes.

Since we'll be having classes on the list field, I'm looking for someone to
coordinate/find chirurgeons and water bearers.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

So, for those of you not attending Pennsic this year, come on out and join us
at Summerthing. I think we're going to have a great time!

Striving to be in Service to the Dream, I remain

	Lady Suzanne

** Lady Suzanne de la Ferte, AoA      **
** Scribe and Illuminator             **
** Stargate, Ansteorra                **
** suzanne.powell at aspentech.com       **