Stargate's Summerthing

Beth Zimmerman bethzimm at dallas.net
Mon Jun 9 07:30:09 PDT 1997

M'Lady,
  I would be honored to volunteer my services in response to your blatant
advertisement and call.  I could teach a class on smoking, needlepoint, or
needlepoint design and canvas painting.  Please let me know if this would
interest you.

Afrena O'Dunlaing
Elfsea via Namron

----------
> From: SUZANNE_POWELL <SUZANNE_POWELL at aspentec.com>
> To: ansteorra at eden.com
> Subject: Stargate's Summerthing
> Date: Thursday, June 05, 1997 12:31 PM
>

> Glad Greetings to All!
>
> This message is a blatant advertisement and call for teachers at
Stargate's
> Summerthing to be held on Saturday, August 9th at the St. Thomas Aquinas
> Catholic Church in Sugarland.
>
> First, let me introduce myself.  I am Lady Suzanne de la Ferte, the
autocrat
> for this year's Summerthing.  I'm a newcomer to the SCA (I've been
playing
> since this last September's Renaissance Festival) who enjoys calligraphy
and
> illumination, dancing, making garb, and cooking.
>
> With that out of the way ....
>
> Here in Stargate (from what I understand), Summerthing is billed as *the*

> event to attend if you are not able to attend Pennsic. It's a learning
kind of
> event with lots of classes.  This year's event will end with a selection
from
> Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and a dance coordinated by HL
> Perronnelle and Master Avatar.
>
> Many wonderful people have already responded as willing to teach classes
at
> this event, but I still have a few "slots" left to fill.
>
> I have 3 classes that will use the site's kitchen (Brewing, Medieval
Dyes, and
> Meat Pies) and am looking for 2 or 3 more kitchen classes.
>
> I have 3 classes that will use the list field (Fighting from the Ground,
> Fighting Someone on the Ground, Melee Tactics, and How to Set up a
Pavilion)
> and am looking for 2 more list field classes.
>
> Teachers have signed up for 5 SCA-information-type classes (Feast-o-Crat
101,
> Basic Heraldry, SCA 101, Basic/Advanced Armory for Rapier Fighting, and
SCA
> Fighting 101/Basic Armory).  I'm looking for 1 more class of this type.
>
> I have 12 A&S type classes (Making Pots, Beginning Lucet Cord, Beginning
Bard,
> Beginning Music, Beginning Recorder, Printing, Japanese Bobbin Braiding,
> Medieval Pigments, French Garb, Documenting Costuming, The Perception of
Time