A&S STandards and The Lack Thereof in Ansteorra

Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov
Mon Jun 9 09:05:46 PDT 1997

>Quite honestly what I would like most when I enter an A&S contest is
>feedback.  I would like a little note from the judges that says "Your
>documentation was fine as far as it went but we would like
>to see more about discussion on how often almonds were
>really used in period recipes" or "You need more
>documentation" or "You need to improve your presentation"
>or whatever.  That would help me the most.

>Clarissa

          I completely agree.  I don't enter A&S to necessarily "win"
          a competition.  However, I have gotten great feedback and
          information on how to improve my art form, which ever one is
          currently displayed, from other experts.  Also, by entering
          or displaying, I've had a chance to get an idea of "who does
          what" in our game.  Alot of times the people we can really
          learn from in particular areas, some are Laurels, some are
          not, have gone on to do other arts, without displaying, I
          would have never known that, for example, Mistress Branwyn
          used to do embroidery!  or that Gunnora is something of an
          herbalist.  These discussions are worth much more to me than
          any prize in a competition.

          Rhiain