Alcohol

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue Jun 10 11:12:44 PDT 1997

Pug asks:

>I don't know what Kvass is made from to know if it's legal to produce it
>in either state.

Kvass is a weakly alcoholic beverage made from grains or bread. Sounds
similar to a weak beer. More info can be found in this file:
kvass-msg         (45K)  5/30/97    Russian drink made from bread or grains.

There was a discussion on kvass recently on the SCA-Cooks maillist that
I've added to this file. I imagine there may be a connection between that
discussion and this request since Sir Gunthar is the list maintainer.

Gunthar, if you end up making it, I'd love to get a taste of the kumiss
you brew.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com