Reality

Eric Jackson jackser at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Jun 10 18:15:39 PDT 1997

     Greetings,

        I have given this a lot of thought recently because I have a friend
     who started, being worried because all he did was involved in the SCA
     and this bothered him.  I am a firm believer in the world is what you
     make of it, I just happen to make the world into a recreation of the
     middle ages with modern tidbits tossed in.  Before I started heavily
     playing in the SCA my reality was food service all I did was work and
     hang out with the people I worked with. Now I go to school and plan on
     being a teacher but what I do with my time is just as real in the
     classroom as it is on the list field or in the kitchen. I have not
     pretended the last seven years of my life the praise I have received
     is very real the losses that I have felt have been real just because I
     go by a different name on some of these occasions does not make them
     fantasy. For some people their reality is football or Rugby or getting
     drunk whenever they can. Things that I do in the society still effect
     me when i change clothes and go to work. I am still sore from standing
     all weekend I still have bruises and I still almost cry whenever I
     think about the court that I received my AOA in. Just because the
     majority of the world does not involve itself in my hobby does not
     make it any less real.

                        In service
                        Ld Owen ap Aeddan/Eric Robert Jackson