Favorite Period Books

J. Michael Shew jshewkc at pei.edu
Thu Jun 12 13:10:47 PDT 1997

	Okay, de-lurking.....
	Sitting right here in my studio is a stack of books, (Tried
keeping them on the shelf, but I keep pulling them off:
	Introduction to Old Norse, E.V.Gordon
	In Search of the Dark Ages, Michael Woods
	Hiemskringla, Snorri Sturlusson, One translated into English, One
in old Norse
	The Translated Poetic Edda, Lee Hollander
	The Art of the Illuminated Manuscript, J. O. Westwood
	The Pelican Shakespeare
	The Oxford Book of Middle English verse
	Beowulf, Untranslated
	The Plays of Aristophanies, Fitts
	The Viking Achievement, Foote
	The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle
	How the Irish shaved Civilization
	Irish Literary History.

	The rest of the library gets a little less use.
	Mikal, Re-lurking

    Mikal the Ram; an annoying Bard of no redeeming qualities
High up in Asgard     Loki was hiding
Watching the gods     and all of their works
Planning his mischief    a master of tricks
And watching Thor's hall     he noticed Sif's hair

			(Loki et Sif,JOHNSAGA)