SCA's NEXT GENERATION

Wendy Erisman werisman at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 15 20:29:50 PDT 1997

Amy wrote:
>I am really quite sick of people trying to lay the blame on newcomers who
>aren't agressive enough!

Perhaps I'm not making myself clear. I firmly believe the responsibility
for welcoming newcomers lies with the current group members. Unfortunately,
we aren't always successful in that area -- else we would not be having
this conversation. Given those circumstances, I was offering what I hoped
would be a constructive suggestion for getting involved in the SCA, one
that worked well for me when I was a newcomer.

I would also be interested in hearing what other groups do to get newcomers
involved. Do you have formal activities like classes, revels, or newcomers'
households, or is it all done on an informal one-on-one basis?

					Gwenllian

Lady Gwenllian ferch Maredudd, Asterisk Herald
Barony of Bryn Gwlad, Kingdom of Ansteorra
werisman at mail.utexas.edu