SCA's NEXT GENERATION

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Mon Jun 16 09:32:13 PDT 1997

Timothy A. McDaniel 6/16/97 10:28 AM

>>Can't tell you the number of times I've seen new people appear on the
>>sidelines at practice for a week or two, stand there by themselves,
>>then disappear. Finally I started talking to them myself, even before
>>I felt like I had been in this club long enough to serve as a
>>representative.  Somebody had to do something.

If someone has been in the society for a couple of weeks they know more
than the newcomer and can therefore help. By simply saying "Hi!"  and
taking them over to someone that has been in longer, they are helping. At
fighter practice with so much going on it can be hard to spot the
newcomer.  Someone that is good at spotting them and introducing them to
others has provided a wonderful service to the newcomers and the group.

Clarissa