SCA ??? Hum, No wait HuHum..

B2Nelson at aol.com B2Nelson at aol.com
Tue Jun 17 11:02:33 PDT 1997

To all a jolly Halo, Guten Tag,
Well i only have 1-1/2 cents worth of thoughts, and i can't afford to pay
attention for long so here i go....
On the subject of the Demo in Brad Leah....everyone i saw said they had a
good time and everyone was helpful and it turned out very well in my
opinion.....i didn't get to see many of the newcomers but i did see that the
people i invited showed up and though they may not become paying members of
the shire they had fun too....but the reason i didn't get to see them was
because i was out on the List acting like a marshall type....for those of you
who haven't heard yet Baron Pippen won the Heavy List and Lord Donovan
captured the Lighter side Rapier Tourney. Baron Pippen recieved a nice Norse
Sword and said he might return next year to pass on the sword should someone
be nice enough to beat it away from him in the list; and Lord Donovan got a
nice fighting cloak and even nicer Buckler. As (slacking, doesn't have a
clue) Shire Deputy KM ( i sent in a silly app. for KM, old timers will i ever
see a reply or get warranted) i would like to thank everyone who helped me
and participated in any way.

And on the subject of newcomers....old and new are an integral part of the
whole SCA for obvious reasons and those already mentioned, I consider myself
a newcomer but do not consider it a degrading term or a limiting label, the
people of my Shire have been helpful and this made my diving of the high dive
of mundane life into the pool of sun and fun and cold and wet in the SCA much
quicker, but then again i have known of the SCA for 15 yrs before i finally
got involved. And one person in particular helped me feel welcome and that is
my Love Etain, i found her in an AOL profile search and she had SCA in there
and that's how i found my shire..boring eh, well sorry to write so much but
one final note, how many of you have the SCA in your profiles? It seems like
most of you do. Well my love is mad at me and waiting for lunch fare well in
your searches for and living in the Dream.....

Fafhyrd soon to be Fafnir