Stefan's Files for July

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue Jun 17 15:22:34 PDT 1997

A Blending of the Past and Present

Here is the list of my featured SCA Rialto files for this month. I have
files for all interests. If none of the files below interest you, ask for
a copy of my complete file list. If you would like a copy of any of these
files, just let me know. I can print them on paper for you, copy them
to a computer disk or send them by email.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html, although it may be a week
or two before the newest files are on-line.

    Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036   markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files for this month:

Baronial-Lead-art     *Principles of Leadership and a Baron/ess*
                         by Conor mac Cinneide.
cheese-msg            Medieval cheese. Recipes.
eggs-msg              Egg storage. Recipes. Substitutions.
exotic-meats-msg      Period and SCA Exotic meats. Swans, ostrich,
                         eels, peacocks, crawfish.
food-sources-msg      Modern sources for unusual medieval meats
                         and other foods.
p-menus-msg           Examples of medieval feast menus.
rue-msg               Medieval uses of the herb *rue*. Cautions.
sausages-msg          Period sausages. Making sausage.
spice-use-art         *The Question of Heavy Spice Use and Rotten
                         Food* by Lord Xaviar the Eccentric.
umbrellas-msg         Period and SCA umbrellas. For sun and rain.
verjuice-msg          Medieval verjuice. Modern substitutions.

These files have had substantial additions this past month:
sotelties-msg         Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.
bread-msg             Medieval breads and grains.
pickled-food-msg      Medieval pickled food. recipes.
kvass-msg             Russian drink made from bread or grains.
fish-msg              Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the SCA.

<end>