Next generation

William E. Cole wec1 at airmail.net
Sun Jun 15 21:48:02 PDT 1997

Leslie Miller wrote:

> HL Octavia de Verdon said:
> Thank you, Octavia, for saying what I have been thinking throughout
> this discussion.  I have held many offices in my shire, but
> hospitaler is not one of them, and there's a reason for that.  I am
> *extremely* uncomfortable talking to strangers most of the time.
> It's not something that comes easily to me, and frankly, it's not
> something that I'm particularly good at.

You know, it's too bad we don't have a House or Clan or something, with
a badge that we can point out to someone and say "See this badge, this
means this is a PEOPLE person... they LOVE to talk! Ask anyone you see
wearing one of these and they will find you the help you need!"

I too feel very uncomfortable talking to strangers... but being fairly
new myself, I usaually have a harder time asking for help, rather than
offering it...

-William FitzBane