Event Announcement - July

Joe Wolf Joewolf at ghgcorp.com
Sun Jun 22 20:18:02 PDT 1997

Greetings!  May this missive find you and yours in good health and spirits...

The "April Showers" that are such a prevalent part of Ansteorra's summers
postponed the LOCH GUARDIAN TOURNAMENT.  Four titled competitions (Defender
of the Loch, Champion of the Loch, Loch Artisan, and Bard of the Loch) were
unable to be awarded... until now!

Come out to Sam Houston State Park on July 11-13th for a fun-filled day in
the current Middle Ages.  The shady, cool forest just a few minutes north
of Houston off I-45 will provide the perfect setting for chivalric, rapier,
A&S, and bardic competitions.  The Barony of Loch Soilleir has much in the
way of prestige and prizes to award to those who prove their mettle!  For
those not wishing to compete, come cheer on your friends as they strive for
one of these baronial titles.

An archer's duel will also be held, as will a themed obstacle course... as
much fun to run as watch! All participants are welcomed and encouraged.

Merchants will be making their wares available, and an auction will also be
held... surely something will catch your eye?

There is plenty of camping space, and hotels/motels are nearby.  Plan on
staying late as a boffer dagger-duel by torchlight is scheduled, as well as
a bardic circle!

(And now mundanity raises its ugly head!)

Because of time constraints and planning, this announcement was unable to
be printed in July's _BLACKSTAR_.  We, the members of the Barony of Loch
Soilleir, would like your help in spreading the word!  The Kingdom Calendar
shows "OPEN" for our weekend of July 11-13th... help us fill it!  It will
be the weekend after the Fourth of July... let everyone know!

In service, in gratitude,

Lord Manfred Wolf
Event Steward
(713) 932-7071 before 9pm CST