new awards...

Lori Jones LJONES at ossm.edu
Mon Jun 23 16:36:12 PDT 1997

What's all the fuss over adding stuff to the Order of Precedence?
I haven't heard anything to indicate that the King's Battle Ribbon
confers any precedence as far as the O.P. is concerned (or did I
miss something?)

The new banner is simply an honor, a motivator  - something to spark
interest in heraldic display, group pride and organized melee combat.
Surely those objectives override any negatives about making more
work for the heralds or keeping up with precedence stuff.  What's a
little paperwork if it means more new opportunities for involvement
(especially to those who might not excel at, or even be interested
in, tournament fighting).

- Kat  >"<
  (who knows well that true excellence often remains buried by
    lack of motivation)

Katrionna MacLochlainn, Centurion
Barony of Wiesenfeuer, Kingdom of Ansteorra

Lori Campbell
Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics
LJONES at ossm.edu