new awards...

Heidi J Torres hjt at tenet.edu
Wed Jun 25 18:40:34 PDT 1997

Greetings from Mari!

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Lori Jones wrote:

> Well, there have been reigns when, apparently, absolutely no one in
> the entire kingdom was worthy of a Lion.  Not to mention reigns

I must disagree with the above statement.  Of the 3 instances I can
remember where the Crown did not create a Lion, I know that in 2 cases,
the Crown's choices for this award were not at Coronation (where they had
planned to grant the award).  Now, as to whether the Crowns had no other
choices in mind, or didn't feel like giving the award to their
"second-best" choice, I do not know.  I think you'd have to ask some past
Royalty for their views.

Regarding the 3rd instance, I really have no idea why the award wasn't
given.  In general tho, most of the Crowns I've spoken with are very
excited about being able to grant this award.  It's never -- to my
knowledge -- been a question of "Is anyone worthy?"

Just my thoughts on the subject....

Mari
(Rowan's Lion)