Informal A&S Query

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jun 26 11:58:15 PDT 1997

> I would like to know what people think the levels of activity/skill/research
> etc. should/are for various A&S awards?

This is great! I think this will be something I follow closely, since I
haven't a clue.

The only thing I *know* is that to achieve the Laurel, you must be as
good in quality in at least one area as the existing Laurels. In
addition, I think one should have other area(s) where they can at least
get by and recognize what is good, period, etc. Ideally, they would have
one or more things they perform at Thistle level.

Lots of people may not like this opinion, but it's how the Society
continues to grow better. Yes, it is a disadvantage to those who have
joined this game late, but it's all the better for all of us. It should
also be the standard for all Peerages. (It's written in Corpora that
way even.)

Not to mention, that it's a good thing to slow down the elevation of
peers when there are too many being made. (That or the current ones
aren't continuing to improve.)

Ciao,