History of Coffee.....

robert m milliron milliron1 at juno.com
Wed Jun 4 22:26:36 PDT 1997

On Thu, 29 May 1997 17:59:49 +0000 "Paul Gilbert" <vis_pfg at unx1.shsu.edu>
writes:
>Does anyone have anything on the history of coffee and its use in our
>period?

Okay I hope to help a little bit.  I'm not real sure on all info I have.
I just have not had the time to double check.

Coffee is believe to originate on the Dark Continent some where in the
Ethiopian area.  In the 11th C it appeared in the Near East hence Turk's
coffee.  I question the date but as said time...
I have info that it arrived in Italy in 1580.  To relate that to Russia.
Under Ivan III His wife Sophia brought with her the influence of the
Italian court.  That really did not change until Peter the Great.  Of
course we will need to check on the dates of arrive of items to the
courts of Russia.
Now I can say that Chocolate as a drink arrived back with the discovery
of the New World.  An was used heavily in the Spanish armies.
mmmm....Chocolate.....mmmm

Anastasiya