A&S STandards and The Lack Thereof in Ansteorra

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Sun Jun 8 10:47:05 PDT 1997

>Aquillane mentioned a feature of the arts and sciences competition which
>Ansteorra has yet to embrace, that being the notion of "category standards"
>by which the artisans and judges may appropriately evaluate an Arts and
>Science Competition entry.

I don't know that I even care if there are standards. I have lived where
there were some standards and sometimes they were even used.

Quite honestly what I would like most when I enter an A&S contest is
feedback.  I would like a little note from the judges that says "Your
documentation was fine as far as it went but we would like to see more
about discussion on how often almonds were really used in period recipes"
or "You need more documentation" or "You need to improve your
presentation" or whatever.  That would help me the most.

Clarissa