Brewing books/methods...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Jun 13 05:47:54 PDT 1997

> > Yep. As well, I am trying some of the recipes from "A Sip Through Time"
> > to see what "period" mead was like.
> >
> > Mistress Clare has also been nice enough to lend me a copy of Digby for
> > reference. *rubs his hands gleefully*
> But remember, Digby is not period.

Neither are all of the recipes in "A Sip Through Time". (Actually very
few are.) These two references are the closest I've found to having "period"
recipes for mead though, which is one of my two personal favorite drinks.

Seeing the recipes that are very early (at least one around 70 AD),
those in period, and those after, you see a general trend. Of course the
general trend is that honey, water and yeast makes good booze. *wink*
Actually, very little changed in the mead recipes during and immediately
after period. (Mostly seemed to be according to availability of herbs
and spices.)

Of course I won't go into when is and when isn't "period". *grin*

Ciao,