Made to Swear Fealty

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Sat Jun 14 23:25:16 PDT 1997

Going thru mail that accumulated while I was away ...

On Sat, 7 Jun 1997, Gunnora Hallakarva <gunnora at bga.com> wrote:
> I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams even **asking** my apprentices
> to swear fealty to anyone, much less **requiring it**!!!!!!

"Anyone else", perhaps?  I swore fealty to my dear Mistress Kay (in
the Middle), but the whole was a combination of homage and fealty: I
also became her man (of earthly worship), and signed a careful
contract delimiting our obligations.

(Not really period requirements, tho, except for the mainbour and the
one-suit-of-clother-per-year.  She is required to feed me one lunch at
each event we attend, and I am required to attend and provide cheerful
conversation.  I am not allowed to attempt the seduction of her
husband, her household, or her sheep, but if any attempt me, I need
not put up more than a token resistance.  Et cetera.)

--
Daniel de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com
tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.