SCA's NEXT GENERATION

Mark Davis joker at prairie.lakes.com
Sun Jun 15 21:01:47 PDT 1997

At 10:29 PM 6/15/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I would also be interested in hearing what other groups do to get newcomers
>involved. Do you have formal activities like classes, revels, or newcomers'
>households, or is it all done on an informal one-on-one basis?
>
>					Gwenllian

        Mostly it involves involving, I've noticed.  If there's an activity
that a newcomer can join in, they stay.  Some are content to drop by and
"hang out,"  but a definite activity helps.
*****
Support free speech.  Stop HJ Res 54! (The new constitutional ammendment
proposal to ban flag burning)

"Restriction of freedom of thought and free speech is the most dangerous of
all subversions.  It is the one un-American act that could most easily
defeat us."
--Justice William O. Douglas.

In the end, we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there
will be no words in which to express it.
                               -George Orwell